WordPress is a free platform used in designing simple websites. It is an open-source content management system that is based on PHP and MySQL. It can be installed on a web server in two ways. First it can be installed in WordPress.com or through a computer running the software package WordPress.org.
It is recognized as the most popular CMS worldwide. The script is more of a blog than a typical CMS. For some time it had been restructured and it got thousands of plugins, making it more CMS-like. The script used as an Open Source is the reason why bloggers choose it. However, it can used for designing simple websites.
Features of WordPress
- Themes – This feature allows users to change the appearance and how WordPress website functions. It can be installed without changing the content or the health of the site. All WordPress websites require at least one theme and the theme must be designed using its standards with structured PHP, a valid HTML and Cascading Style Sheets. The themes are classified into free themes and premium themes. Free themes are found in the theme directory while premium themes can be bought from marketplaces and WordPress developers. Users can even create and develop their own custom themes as long as they have the skill and knowledge. Free themes can be downloaded from wordpress.org.
- Plugins – The structural design of the plugin of WordPress allows users to extend the functionality and features of a website or blog. With over 40,501 plugin available, and each one offering custom functions and features, users can build their sites according to their specific needs. Plugins can change WordPress into a powerful content management system or CMS making it applicable for use for any kind of website, and not only for blogs.
- Mobiles – There are built-in applications of WordPress for mobile devices such as Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phone so that users can add new blog posts and pages, comment, replying to comments and moderating comments.
- Other Features – WordPress features integrated link management, search engine-friendly permalink structure, support for tagging articles and posts, the ability to assign multiple categories to articles and many more. It also provides standardized styling of text and formatting in articles. Blog posts in WordPress can be edited in HTML using the visual editor or any one of a number of plugins that will allow for different kinds of customized editing features.
- ¿Como averiguar que CMS, plantilla y plugins utiliza una web?
- ¿Es mejor Grav CMS que WordPress?
- ¿Qué es un CMS? – Curso WordPress full en español 4/83
- ¿Que es un CMS? – Sistema de Gestion de Contenidos – Tutorial en Español
- ¿Qué es un CMS? Sistema de Gestión de Contenidos Web / Curso de WordPress 01