WordPress is the basic structure behind many websites and blogs that users visit every day. This platform is easy and simple to use. Its theme builders have customized the platform so that is can be used in many ways such as portfolio sites, blogs or e-commerce. The most popular WordPress themes, whether paid or free, have key features in common.
Key Features of WordPress Themes
- Social Sharing Features – Today’s web environment demands social sharing and themes have to be flexible and expandable with the number of social networks supported. At the least, developers should look at themes that allow sharing in Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Integrating social media into a theme can help the content reach to more people because visitors share it with their networks.
- Responsive Design – It is the top feature that all websites must have. It is also a must when it comes to WordPress themes. It is very vital to use a theme that allows users to view the content of the site or webpage clearly, no matter what device they are using.
- Auto Upgrade and Support – Most popular themes have detailed auto-upgrade and update information included in the descriptions. They also include specific and detailed instruction for installation, use and customization.
- Multiple Page Styles – Most popular themes have multiple page styles built in so that everything is ready to go right out of the box. Each type of page has its own style and works with the user in mind but at the same time maintaining the look and feel of the site as a whole. These themes support unlimited transitions from one page to another.
- Lots of Widgets – the reason why widgets have to be included is that most designers want widgets to match the overall theme. They can make a more seamless installation, and can save time and work.
- Retina-Display Ready – Retina-ready themes make images sharper and crisper.
- Theme Customization – A pre-designed theme can make putting together a site quicker and easier. However some people want to add their own flair that is why customization is important.
- SEO – The theme chose can make a big impact on Search Engine Optimization.
- Design Bundles – Bundles are a complete package and has everything needed to launch and promote a site.
- Standards Compliant Coding – A good theme complies with all protocols. Quality code is the backbone for a quality website.