Appearance and user friendliness are the most important factors that make a website standout. It is important to have the right web design to direct traffic to a website.
How to Make a User-friendly Website
- Content – It is the most essential aspect in any web site. It is the reason why users visit the site. If it is badly produced or has shallow information, visitors will leave the site and may never come back. Content must be valuable and truthful about your business, products and services. Contact information, company details, founder or owner are very important information that must be included in the content. Content information must be useful for the users. It must not contain grammatical or typographical errors for that would reflect on the image of the company.
- Visual Appeal – First impressions last and this applies also to websites. Visitors respond to the appearance of the site. It must be clean and simple, but eye-catching. Avoid flashing pictures or blinking letters because they are disturbing and make visitors turn away instead of attracting them.
- Getting unique titles and optimizing everything – Titles that are unique attract visitors. The website title tags must uniquely identify the content of any given page. Title tags provide the first clues as to what a page is all about. Web pictures or images are optimized if they are of good quality and impresses the visitors. Do not save images in a com optimizing pressed format because they will appear pixilated when they are uploaded to the site.
- Remember the links to the domain – When a link is displayed on the home page, it must link to the full domain and not the file name. An important element of SEO is the number of pages linked to the homepage.
- Regular updating – With the right content management system, regular updating can be performed. It will keep the website up-to-date with fresh content.