WordPress plugins are pieces of software that can be uploaded. They extend and expand the functionality of a WordPress site. There are numerous plugins of WordPress that are available and can be downloaded for free from the WordPress.org Plugin Directory. There are also paid or premium ones.
Reasons for Buying WordPress Plugins
- There are several thousands of plugins that are free from the plugin directory. However, paid plugins offer full time developers and support staff working on maintaining the security and compatibility of plugins with the latest version that WordPress can produce, including other themes and plugins.
- Plugins can go well with the core of WordPress and other plugins. But there are times when a plugin’s code gets in the way of another plugin. This causes compatibility issues. Paid plugins have a support staff that can help users when something goes wrong.
Users often wonder what kind of things plugins can do. There are plugins for almost anything users can ever imagine.
Some Functions of Plugins in WordPress.com
- Google Integration – Users can post comments using their Google + Account. They can share to Google by adding a sharing button to their posts so readers can quickly and easily share the comment with their friends or followers. They can also embed Google Content.
- Site Stats – This plugin is a WordPress version of Google Analytics. The stats page includes graphs, charts and lists to show how many times the site has been visited, the most popular posts and pages and many more. Users can access their stats from My Sites tab on the homepage of WordPress.com.
- Akismet anti-spam – It is an advanced hosted anti-spam service designed to fight the most recent and dirtiest tactics of proficient spammers. It processes and analyses massive data from numerous sites and communities in real time. It learns and evolves every second of every day while the use does other better things.
- Search Engine Optimization – WordPress.com has a great SEO all ready for the user, so that he does not have to do anything more. It takes care of almost 90 percent of the mechanics of SEO. All WordPress themes are designed to make it easy for search engines to crawl through them and discover its contents.
These are only a few of the several plugins that users can find on WordPress.com. They simply have to take a stroll around its directory.