Website owners who are looking for web hosting must check and see if the hosting company has cPanel. It is a graphical user interface and one of the best in the web hosting arena. It is easy to install, maintain and use. cPanel is a set of programs that makes tasks requiring the knowledge and skills of experts simple that even newbies can easily perform them.
After installing WordPress, users can use cPanel to manage the features that are offered by their WordPress hosting plan. Some of the features allows users to manage databases, mail accounts, domain names and back-ups. This software makes it so easy for users to manage their hosting with little or no technical knowledge at all of web hosting without need of help from experts and without breaking any rule.
Advantages of cPanel Hosting
- It can be easily installed with just a few steps. All that is to be done is to install the Linux OS and run the script for installation. Most of the server configuration is already done.
- It is compatible with many open source applications.
- It provides different virtual interfaces for different users like administrators, clinets and email users.
- It provides east portability feature through which users can transfer their website from one hosting company to another.
- It does not need any hands-on experience in managing servers. It is easily usable.
- It has great features that users can easily manage complex website tasks such as maintaining a regular database and code back-up or forwarding email addresses and accounts.
Disadvantages of cPanel Hosting
- It can be easily hacked. Hackers and phishers can run scripts that regulate cPanel to build illegal sub-domains where they can collect information from unwary victims.
- It is restricted to small and medium websites.
- It is vulnerable and prone to security risk of content because of its time of processing updates. It usually does update process in the evenings, so if there are any attack before the update it can mean a great loss for the website owner.
- Hosting on cPanel can be done and made use of only after getting a license. Its license is somewhat expensive. Most likely only companies can afford the cost of license.
- It lacks the professional appearance as expected of a control panel as compared to other control panels in the market.